Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shelbie is born!

Hi Lisa
Just wanted to let you know that I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on June 24 at 3:38 pm. She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 19 3/4 inches. Her name is Shelbie Jane Isabella.
Everything went so much better this time. I didn't need any stiches which was great. My water broke at 8:00 am at home, then labour started about 1/2 hour later. I went to the hospital around 10:00 and she was born at 3:38.
I really want to thank you and Kari for all the stuff you taught in the class because I think it really helped. I used lots of the breathing techniques and they must have been working because the nurse kept telling me I was doing a good job. My nurses name was Donna, we really liked her. Dr. Martel wasn't there (no surprise) so a resident delivered her. I'm not sure what her name was but she's from Columbia. We really liked her to, she did a good job. The baby was out after 3 rounds of pushing.
So thank you thank you very much. I hope to see you all soon. As soon as I get a stroller I plan to come to the walks. I would like to go to the coffee shops too if they ever go to one that is a little closer to me since I have no transportation.
PLease feel free to share my news with the other ladies and tell them all I can't wait to show her off.

Hope to see you all soon
Sheena

No comments: