Monday, August 30, 2010

Introducing ....The Birth Rhythms Team (day two)



















Jude Hutchinson CBE, CLD


I feel in many ways that birth work found me, and not the other way around! After my first baby, I lucked out when a friend of mine was not able to get in to childbirth classes and so allowed me, with all my, ahem, sagacity, to teach her everything I knew. Surprise! She had a 24 hour, posterior baby labour (not fun), but loved it. I was hooked. Shortly after, I discovered a radical group right here in Saskatoon that was training people interested in providing an alternative to the city’s prenatal classes, and instantly I knew it was for me. I had my first doula experience (with a mom having baby number four) shortly after. (I think she coached me through!) Thirty years have flown by since then, along with countless hours of childbirth preparation and doula work. I still have to pinch myself as I witness the birth of a family, and the sacred journey of a new person to the planet. It never, ever, ever gets old.

As a mother of four and grandmother of two, I am passionate about families and birthing, and believe birth is one of the most rewarding and significant experiences of a woman’s life. To sum it up, I am a teacher, CAPPA certified Childbirth Educator and Birth Rhythms Certified Labour Doula who has been providing support services for the women of Saskatoon for 30 years.

“My goal is for the woman and her partner to feel that they received the knowledge, skills, attention, care, love, and support to empower them through the phenomenal process of birth. What a privilege to be part of it! ”

No comments: