Sunday, August 29, 2010

Introducing.....The Birth Rhythms Team

I am so excited to officially welcome some amazing new members to Birth Rhythms! Each day this week I will post the bio of one of our new doulas.  I am just SO excited about what each woman brings to this practice and to the families we can reach together. I am humbled by the gentle, loving spirits of these women. If you are looking for a doula, perhaps, you will find her here.















Sunava Hintz RMT, CLD


As far back as I can recall I have wanted to work and live in community with women and babies. My early childhood was filled with such experiences. I grew up a child of the ‘70s and this entitled me to a new and juicy take on women’s rights, especially the right to birth in her own way. It was a time of rediscovering the tried and true methods of birthing, and empowering women throughout their pregnancy and birth. This was the foundation for my beliefs around birth and it led me to this doorstep I stand upon today.

My professional training as a massage therapist began in 1990, and continues to this day. I have training in a variety of soft tissue therapies such as Swedish and Thai massage, myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, manual lymphatic drainage, hydrotherapy and passive joint mobility. I am trained in homeopathy which I see as a great benefit during pregnancy and labour, and therapeutic and quantum touch which are gentle energy healing techniques, as well as extensive yoga training. I have worked in a variety of settings including clinical and home based, and have instructed at a private massage college for 10 years before retiring to start my own family. I have been attending births since 1988, and studied with Gloria Lemay of Wise Woman’s Way of Birth doula training in 2000. I am currently enrolled as a student midwife with the Ancient Art Midwifery school....this is a lifetime process unfolding!!!

My motto in birth is that you can do anything you set your mind to given the right balance of support, trust and surrendering, one beautiful breath at a time!

No comments: